It’s no secret. We love beer. We love discovering new brews. Like, who doesn’t? And there’s no better time to discover beer than in a cozy environment with friends. That’s why we are highly recommending that you stay in on New Year’s Eve. We came up with 5 pretty compelling reasons to support our cause. Let us present our case…
5) The Taxi Situation – Finding a cab or Uber is hard work on NYE. PLUS – the surge pricing will be crazy. PLUS – if you’re out with more then 4 friends, you have to find two cabs! Every person you know (you included) has a horror story about trying to catch a cab on New Year’s. It’s the worst! Skip it.
4) The Food – Staying in is your chance to show off your culinary skills. Just youtube some fancy recipes and get ready to receive the accolades! (HINT: google slow cooker recipes. so easy!) Or maybe make it a potluck. Everyone bring their best dish. Make sure you delegate someone for apps and desert or everyone might bring mains, and you need to eat sweets!
3) The Company – Spending time with your friends means everything. Play a board game, jump down a Youtube video wormhole, watch some sports, play video games, play cards (we recommend Cribbage, because MUGGINS!)
2) The Hassle – Not deciding on a place to eat, how to get there and how to get home safely is music to our ears. Does it get any better?
1) The Beer – Show off your beer knowledge and make sure your friends only bring their favs. Have some sampling glasses on hand so everyone can try everything. (Our TFOB Festival Mug makes a great sampling mug… just saying… check your cupboards for last years mug!)
The beautiful benefit of staying in, is not drinking and driving. Maybe make it a sleepover for everyone? Rock those onesies or PJs and welcome 2017 in style.
Tag your photos with #BeerFam because we love to share! See you in 2017!