Well hello there #BeerFam … Here are the most common questions we get asked. If the answer you’re looking for is not below, please reach out to us on Twitter and we’ll be happy to connect and try to answer your question.
Q: Can I Still Get Tickets to TFOB 2017?
Yes, you can. TFOB Friday & TFOB Saturday are Sold Out. TFOB Sunday tickets can be purchased HERE.
Q: Where is Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2017?
A: Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place. Technically the addy is 60 Prince Edward Island Crescent. Toronto’s Festival of Beer on Google Maps is Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place.
Q: Can You Give Me Directions Via The TTC?
A) There are two stations on Exhibition Grounds. Here’s how to get here: 1) 29 Dufferin Bus – Take the Bloor subway to Dufferin Station, board the #29 bus south to Exhibition Place. 2) 511 Bathurst Streetcar – Take the Bloor subway to Bathurst Station, board the #511 streetcar south to Exhibition Place. There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station. 3) 509 Harbourfront Streetcar – Take the Yonge-University subway to Union Station. Take the 509 Streetcar from the Union Station southbound streetcar tunnel towards Exhibition Loop . There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station.
Q: What are the Hours of TFOB?
TFOB Friday Hours:
- 3:00p – Doors Open for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 4:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 9:30p – Method Man & Redman
- 10:30p – Last Call
- 10:45p – Taps Off
- 11:00p – Closed
TFOB Saturday & TFOB Sunday Hours:
- 12:00p –Doors Open for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 1:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 6:30p – Sloan on Saturday, Alan Doyle & The Beautiful Gypsies on Sunday
- 7:30p – Last Call
- 7:45p – Taps Off
- 8:00p – Closed
Q: What Can/Should I Bring With Me?
- Valid photo ID – This is a 19+ event (a photocopy of ID does not count)
- Your Ticket. (Best to print it out and bring with you, unless you ordered a mobile ticket)
- Comfortable Shoes
- TTC tokens / PRESTO card
- Mobile phone – to take selfies, call a cab or Ubes – Please enjoy responsibly, don’t drink and drive.
- Raincoat, Umbrella (check the weather before you leave home)
Q: What Can’t I Bring With Me?
- Pets (We love them, but they can’t come with you)
- Children (We love them too, but they can’t come with you. This is a 19+ event)
- Any type of Water Bottle – All of our vendors will offer FREE WATER. You don’t need to bring that fancy water bottle!
- Large video cameras
- Selfie Sticks (seriously, are these things still a ‘thing’? lol)
- Cameras, other than for personal use
- Mobile phone charger (there is no place to plug it in)
- Water guns
- Your own glassware/bottles.
- Illegal Substances (aka: Weed, ganja, green, doobs, doobies, reefer, trees, hash, hashish, devils lettuce, shrooms, or any other type of drug) Even if you have a card or something that says you can smoke, that does not mean you can smoke within the grounds. Our liquor license is very clear and does not allow it. There is also no ‘in-out’ privileges, so please keep that in mind.
Q: Where Is The Actual Entrance To Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2017?
Last year, we moved the front entrance to the Better Living Centre. All Gates (A, B, C) will go through the front entrance of the BLC. (Say BLC in your best Snoop Dogg impersonation and you’re a legend) This is just a few steps away from where the entrance has been for the past number of years, so it’s not a dramatic change – just wanted to give everyone the heads up.
Q: – Should I Bring Cash?
Yep. We appreciate plastic just as much as the next person, but cash is king at the Festival. We have teams walking around (pictured) that will be selling tokens and they’ll only accept cash. We’re not saying empty your bank account, but be prepared if you want to move around quickly. ATMs will be on site. Token Booths do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
Q: How Do I Get Tokens?
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 1 token for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands. They are dedicated booths that sell tokens, along with mobile token teams. They will be easy to spot.
Q: Can I Bring A Backpack?
Yep, but heads up… we’ll be using metal detector wands and searching backpacks at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
Q: What If I Want To Drive?
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC or a cab or an Ubes. Yeah, we said Ubes. Just no drinking and driving whatsoever. If you are the DD, here’s some parking info: we do not have designated parking for the festival. We recommend finding Pay Parking in Liberty Village or just avoiding driving altogether, if that’s an option for you.
Q: What Is There To Eat at TFOB 2017?
In a word… LOTS. The food purveyors we have this year are second to none. See the entire LIST! Explore them all and be sure to take lots of eating breaks. Click HERE for the full Chef and Grilling Tent Schedule. This is all part of #TasteTFOB – our commitment to providing an incredible food experience.
Q: What is The Grilling Tent?
Our buddy Afrim Pristine of Cheese Boutique has pulled together quite a line-up of Chefs for this year’s Grilling Tent. Come watch masters of their craft demo their skills. Every recipe includes beer and YES there are samples available. Click HERE for the full Chef and Grilling Tent Schedule.
Q: Will There Be Water For Me To Drink?
You need to stay hydrated. Each booth has FREE bottled water. All you have to do is ask for it. And you can also take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. Do not bring your water bottle from home, they will be taken away.
Q: What Happens If It Rains? Or If It’s Too Hot?
Whatever the weather, we will still be pouring. Rain or shine, the show goes on! Remember to dress for the weather and wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy, wear sunblock. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! Your raincoat, rubber boats, umbrella may make your experience if it calls for rain.
Q: Do You Really have 416 Brews To Discover?
About 100 brewers from all over the world will be here. Try something new, something crazy or maybe something you can’t pronounce. Let us open your eyes to a whole new world of beer. *Starts singing A Whole New World from Aladdin*. Seriously, At TFOB we have every type of brewer imaginable. From big to small, and, from local to international. Plus, this year we are featuring award-winning Canadian beer inside the #Canada150 Pavilion.