|76||All or Nothing Brewhouse|
|30||Angry Orchard Cider|
|80||Beau's All Natural Brewing|
|94||Big Rig Brewery|
|22||Bruce Ashley Group|
|23||Bruce Ashley Group|
|24||Bruce Ashley Group|
|25||Bruce Ashley Group|
|83||Cameron's Brewing Company|
|26||Central City Brewers|
|31||Charles Wells Ales|
|96||Cool Beer Brewing Co.|
|3||Creemore Springs Brewery|
|79||Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery|
|86||Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery|
|87||Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery|
|88||Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery|
|9||Granville Island Brewery|
|89||Great Lakes Brewery|
|82||High Park Brewery|
|12||Hobbs & Co|
|97||Hop City Brewing Co.|
|98||Hop City Brewing Co.|
|2||HotBunzz Street Cuizine|
|51||Innis and Gunn|
|52||Innis and Gunn|
|92||Left Field Brewery|
|4||Mad & Noisy|
|93||Magnotta Brewing Co|
|7||Mama Raty's Meat Pies|
|66||Mangia & Bevi|
|39||Melt Grilled Cheese|
|14||Minhas Creek Brewing Company|
|95||Old Credit Brewing Co|
|64||Ontario Corn Roasters|
|85||Sawdust City Brewing Company|
|57||Shiny Apple Cider|
|91||Side Launch Brewing Company|
|81||The Collingwood Brewery|
|19||The County General|
|13||Thomas Hinds Tobacconist|
|78||Thornbury Beverage Co|
|58||Turning Point Cider|
|84||Waterloo Brewing Co.|
|W1||Macchina Coffee Co|
|W5||Swedish-Canadian Chamber of Commerce|
|NB1||Bobcaygeon Brewing Company|
|NB6||Brock Street Brewing|
|NB5||Falcon Brewing Company|
|NB2||Henderson Brewing Co|
|NB8||Old Flame Brewing Co|
|NB3||Sextant Craft Brewery|
|NB4||Shawn & Ed Brewing Co|
|Bricks and Sticks|
|Carlsberg and Kronenbourg|
|Coors Light, Coors Banquet, Canadian, Heineken, Dos Equis, Strongbow, Sol|
|Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer|
|Mad Jack & Belgian Moon|
|McClelland Premium Imports|
|Moosehead and Friends|
|Queen Margherita Pizza|
|South St. Burger|
|Steam Whistle Brewing|
|Ted's World Famous BBQ|
|Tiny Tom Donuts|
This summer, the sound of reggae and the sight of dreadlocks flying through the air will join one of Toronto’s longest running and most epic festivals! Gordie Johnson and his Rasta brethren of Big Sugar reggae style will headline Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by the Beer Store on Saturday, July 23rd, 2016. Tickets are now on sale at beerfestival.ca. Get $5 off regular tickets by using the code BIGSUGAR20. Big Sugar reggae style is proudly presented by Boom 97.3.
“Big Sugar reggae style is the ideal band to headline our legendary Saturday session” said Les Murray, President of Beerlicious; the operator of Toronto’s Festival of Beer. He adds “they’ll provide the perfect summer soundtrack to discovering your next favourite beer.”
The TFOB Mission is all about beer; showcasing local and international beer alongside food and music for Canada’s largest summer beer celebration. On July 22nd – 24th at Bandshell Park inside Exhibition Place, beer fans from across the country will come to celebrate their favourite golden beverage while enjoying culinary delights from some of Canada’s Top Chefs, beer education sessions, live grilling demos and so much more! Last year, over 35,000 attendees enjoyed live music from great acts like Naughty By Nature, 54-40, and Lowest of The Low.
Tickets for Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by the Beer Store sell out in advance every year — so get yours now! Tickets can be purchased online at www.beerfestival.ca and are $42.50 with the ability to Hoptimize your experience for an extra $12. Hoptimizing your ticket will gain you early access and 5 extra sample tokens. This is a 19+ event.
Big Sugar released Calling All The Youth in 2015. This album tops a platinum recording career that spans over 20 years, which includes; Revolution Per Minute, Yardstyle and the concert dvd Eliminate Ya! Live, as well as, collaborations with Reggae legends Willi Williams and Dennis Alcapone. Big Sugar bring the momentum of a successful 2015 fully electric tour, including support dates for AC/DC, into 2016.
Toronto, ON – Fresh off the heels of their successful new studio album, The Temperance Movement will unleash their smash-and-grab rocker sound at this year’s Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by The Beer Store. On July 24, the London and Glasgow native rockers will hit the OLG Bandshell Stage in Exhibition Place presented by 94.9 the Rock, to close out one of the cities longest running and most epic summer festival for 2016.
“The Temperance Movement has the perfect sound to close out this year’s Toronto’s Festival of Beer,” said Les Murray, President of Intelivents, and operator of Toronto’s Festival of Beer. “Paired with the best selection of beer, this year has the recipe to be the best event we’ve had to date.”
Fans from across the country will come to Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by The Beer Store to celebrate their favourite golden beverage while enjoying culinary delights from some of Canada’s top chefs, beer education sessions, live grilling demos and so much more!
Last year, over 35,000 attendees enjoyed live music from great acts like Naughty By Nature, 54-40, and Lowest of The Low. This year, fans will enjoy House Of Pain on Friday night and Big Sugar on Saturday afternoon.
Tickets for Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by the Beer Store sell out in advance every year — so get yours now! Tickets can be purchased online at beerfestival.ca and are $42.50 with the ability to Hoptimize your experience for an extra $12. Hoptimizing your ticket will gain you early access and 5 extra sample tokens. * Save $5 off regular ticket by using the promo code BLOG *. This is a 19+ event.
About The Temperance Movement:
Hailing from London and Glasgow, The Temperance Movement are a five-piece band featuring front man Phil Campbell, bassist Nick Fyffe, guitarists Paul Sayer and Matt White, and drummer Damon Wilson. Prior to forming the band, the members each played and performed with prominent acts including Deep Purple, Jamiroquai, Ray Davies, The Waterboys, Jack Bruce and even James Brown.
When the friends got together for a jam in 2011, everything they’d experienced as sidemen and session men coalesced, and The Temperance Movement was born. 2012’s five-track Pride EP introduced them to the world, and their debut studio album, 2014’s The Temperance Movement announced the arrival of a major rock band. White Bear is their giant step forward.
About Toronto’s Festival of Beer:
Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by the Beer Store is a celebration of Canada’s rich brewing history, showcasing experts of the brewing craft from around the world. Featuring more than 300 brands, TFOB takes place July 22-24, 2016 at Bandshell Park in Exhibition Place, Toronto.
Purchase tickets here.
We’re are so stoked to see The Temperance Movement live on the Bandshell stage on Sunday, July 24. This is one of those bands that you’ll claim you discovered before all your friends. They are gunna blow people’s minds. Still don’t have tickets? Use code BLOG and get your tickets now!
TFOB Sunday Main Stage Music Line Up presented by Rock 94.9
12:00pm – **Doors Open for Hoptimized Ticket Holders**
1:30pm – **General Admission Doors Open**
2:00pm – Rebel Emergency
3:00pm – Abbamania – as part of Sample Sweden
4:20pm -The Mandevilles
5:10pm – Attica Riots
6:30pm – The Temperance Movement
7:30pm – **Last Call For Alcohol**
8:00pm – Closed
Get a taste of The Temperance Movement live in concert:
Have a look-see and what to expect from Attica Riots:
And here’s glimpse of Rebel Emergency:
Here’s what’s on tap for TFOB Friday: Canadian Hip Hop Pioneer Maestro Fresh Wes and Hip Hop Icons House Of Pain, paired with 333 beautiful brews, over 16 delicious food vendors, the Club House La Grille Grilling Tent and Sample Sweden – a 10,000 sq/ft pavilion dedicated to all things Swedish. Tickets are now SOLD OUT, so thank you for your support!
TFOB Friday Main Stage Music Line Up presented by 93.5 the MOVE
3:00pm – **Doors Open for Hoptimized Ticket Holders**
4:30 – **General Admission Doors Open**
5:30 – Kaydee
6:30 – Kayo
7:30 – Jelleestone
8:30 – Maestro Fresh Wes
9:30 – House Of Pain
10:30 – **Last Call For Alcohol**
11:00 – Closed
Get a taste of House Of Pain live in this vid:
Take a look at this Maestro classic to get you pumped:
And Here’s one of Maestro’s latest:
Lucas Di Pasquale and Mob Barley & The Railers Added to TFOB Saturday with Big Sugar Reggae Style
Saturday of Toronto’s Festival of Beer is legendary. Sells out every year. In fact, TFOB Saturday Sold Out way back in May. If you’re reading this blog hoping that this is your chance to get tickets, may I direct you to SUNDAY of our event? For those that have their Saturday tickets – hat tip to you – and here’s the entertainment schedule and some info about Lucas and Mob Barley.
TFOB Saturday Main Stage Music Line Up presented by BOOM 97.3
12:00pm – **Doors Open for Hoptimized Ticket Holders**
1:30pm – **General Admission Doors Open**
2:30pm – Terra – as part of Sample Sweden!
3:30pm – Factory Brains – as part of Sample Sweden!
4:30pm – Mob Barley & The Railers
5:30pm – Lucas DiPasquale
6:30pm – Big Sugar Reggae Style
7:30pm – **Last Call For Alcohol**
8:00pm – Closed
Get a taste of Big Sugar Reggae Style in this vid:
About Lucas Di Pasquale
Lucas DiPasquale began playing guitar at 8 years old, and after a few years, he started singing and recording covers which he uploaded to YouTube and Facebook for friends. It was his 2014 Popcaan mash-up that changed everything. After the dancehall artist shared the acoustic cover on his Twitter page, the video gained viral attention in the social media sphere and beyond. Check out his song “Pager” to get a taste of what Lucas will bring to TFOB:
About Mob Barley & The Railers
Mob Barley & The Railers are an all-star 6 man band tribute to Bob Marley. The band features members (and former members) of: The Salads, Dodger, Cheap Suits, Skratch3, Bedouin Soundclash, Sumo Cyco, Pocket Dwellers, The Next Best Thing, and more!
When we said we were bringing the people of Toronto an ölfestival, we were not kidding! Release your inner beer geek, and check out this line-up of tasty brews – all the way from Sweden – that will be available to sample from July 22-24 at Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place. Bier Markt is the exclusive restaurant partner of Sample Sweden and you can also check out a location near you to get a taste! Sample Sweden is proudly funded by the Government of Ontario and generously supported by IKEA Canada and Volvo Car Canada LTD.
Here’s the list of Swedish Beer…
Leon 6,5% Belgian Blonde Ale (w champagne yeast)
Mazarin 5,6% American Pale Ale
Nebuchadnezzar IIPA 8,5%
#3,5 Pineapple Gose 3,5%.
Fruit Tap 3 (Sour Apricot 3,8%)
Bianca Mango Lassi Gose 6,0%
Viktor IPA 7,5%
Olympus Mons 8,0%
#666 Black Mango IPA
Onda Mosaic Pale 5,0%
Blondette 6,0%, sour beer fermented 10 months in 9 oak barrels (wine/port wine) with different yeast- and bacteria strains.
Sourbon 5,5%, amber sour beer, blend of wort fermented in 10 bourbon barrels with different yeast- and bacteria strains.
Surfeber 7,0% (collab with Brewski) 2 Brewski beers, secondly fermented with brettanomyces and Brekeriet house souring culture.
All the Way 4,2% Session IPA
Orange Haze 6,4% IPA
Tropic Thunder 4,5% Sour Ale, collab with Stillwater
Black Currant 4,5% Sour Ale with organic black currants
Session IPA 4,2%
Southern Passion Single Hop IPA 6,5%
Projekt 008 Double Oatmeal Stout 8,0% 30 l Keykeg
Russian Imperial Stout 9,5%
Surpéne 5,7% Rhubarb Sour IPA, collab with Bryggverket (Sweden)
Rio Rojo 4,9% Blackberry Berlinerweisse, colllab with Yria (Spain)
Wildebeest 5,5% Sour ale with blackcurrant, redcurrant, lingonberry, mango
Nanna Orange Gose 3,5%
Sitting Bulldog IPA 6.4%
Wisby Hopfenwisser Weisse 5.6%
Great White Bulldog Wheat IPA 7.2%
If that menu doesn’t excite you, then please check for a pulse! And HERE are 6 other reasons why Sweden is our feature country at #TFOB2016! And CHECK OUT the full beer line-up available this weekend.
Friday and Saturday of our event are totally SOLD OUT, so the only way to come and Sample Sweden is to come on SUNDAY.
Each year you guys continue to impress us with your creative tees at Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by The Beer Store. Don’t worry, we see you. And we love it. (Pictured above are last years’ winners ‘Beervana’)
If you and your crew are coming to Toronto’s Festival of Beer from July 22-24 at Bandshell Park, here’s what you need to know about the Official TFOB T-Shirt Contest.
1) Bring Your Crew!
Once you all arrive and are looking fine, come by the TFOB Media Lounge. You’ll find us at the most northern tip of the site. We’re located between the Smirnoff and Fidel Gastro’s set-ups. Also of note: your crew can be 5 people or 50 people. There is no limitation on group size. A bunch of dudes without shirts on does not count. This is literally a contest of tee shirts.
2) We Snap Your Pic
Once at the TFOB Media Lounge, ask for Victoria, and she will snap a quick photo. All entries must be a photo from Victoria. We are totally paying her to be there to take photos of your group so please follow this rule!
3) The Contest
After your weekend full of incredible food and beer passes by, we’ll post a photo gallery on Facebook (or as my Mom calls it, “The Facebook”). The public will be able to vote on who has the best t-shirts. Keep an eye on our social media so you can share the link and get your friends to vote. Make new friends this weekend, yes because it’s fun, but mostly so you can get them to vote for you. If you win our contest you’ll be the proud owner of 10 tickets to Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by The Beer Store for next year. HERE is last years TFOB T-Shirt Photo Album on Facebook.
4) The Judging
We’ll pick the winner based on two sets of criteria. %50 based on likes on Facebook and the %50 based on our staff vote.
Here are the full Rules & Regs:
TFOB Team Tee Shirt Contest Contest: For Your Chance To Win Tickets to 2017 Toronto’s Festival of Beer
Contest Rules & Regulations
1. The Contest Period for the TFOB Team Tee Shirt Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 7AM EST Tuesday, July 26th 2016 and continues until 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, Sept 5th, 2016 (“Contest Closing Date”), (“Contest Period”).
2. No Purchase Necessary. For your chance to WIN, your team photo must be taken by TFOB staff, either at the TFOB Media Tent or somewhere else onsite, during TFOB 2016. These photos will then be placed in a Facebook album on the official Toronto’s Festival of Beer Facebook page on July 26th. Photos will be judged based on criteria set forth by Beerlicious Inc. (%50 based on actual Facebook ‘likes’ and %50 based on creativity, as judged by Beerlicious Inc. staff).
3. Limit 1 (one) entry per team. Entries will be rejected if entry process is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period.
4. This Contest is open to residents of the province of Ontario (Canada) who are 19 years or older at the time of entry, excluding employees of Beerlicious Inc., and their respective affiliated companies, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers, and all those with whom they are domiciled. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
5. The potential winner will be contacted on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm for the TFOB Team Tee Shirt Contest as selected by Beerlicious Inc. from all eligible entries from, Ontario, Canada. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Selected entrant will be contacted by email only at the email address indicated on his/her entry the same day as the draw. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within one (1) business day of the second email sent and after a minimum of two email attempts by the Contest Sponsor or if the entrant declines the Prize, or does not otherwise comply with these Contest Rules (“Rules”) he/she will forfeit their prize and another random draw will be conducted to select a replacement entrant in the same manner.
6. Selected entrants, for the Contest, will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email, before being named the official daily winner. Selected entrants must also return a signed Declaration and Release of Liability within a specified period of time, before being named a winner, failing which they will forfeit the prize.
7. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All online entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest Sponsor’s server machine(s).
8. There is one (1) Prize to win, which includes: Ten (10) – tickets to Sunday of Toronto’s Festival of Beer, 2017.
9. Once a winner has been deemed as eligible for a prize during any of the given weeks, he/she will not be eligible for contest entry for the duration of the same week and any attempt at further contest entry during the weekly period will not be considered a valid entry.
10. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, or exchanged and has no cash surrender value. No substitutions applicable. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or any portion of the Grand Prize or Prize component for a substitute prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize or Prize component. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for cancellations or other factors beyond the Contest Sponsor’s reasonable control which prevent the Grand Prize or part of the Grand Prize from being fulfilled. In such event, winners will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. Each Prize winner is responsible for all additional costs related to the Prize not specifically included above.
11. The Contest Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes.
12. By entering this Contest, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsors, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, dealers and agents without further notice or compensation. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
13. No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants who will be notified by telephone and or email.
14. Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the contest judges assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for failure of the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
15. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the online portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest and at their sole option, to award prizes based on entries received at the time of such cancellation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
16. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind without prior notice or obligation.
17. The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about entrants for the sole purpose of administering this Contest. The Contest Sponsor will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party. The personal data collected for this Contest will not be used for any other purposes unless entrants provide explicit permission as indicated on the entry form.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities or, if declared a winner, the use or misuse of the Prize or any portion of the Prize including personal injury, death or property damage. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
Hold on to your hops cuz this is probably the most important blog post in the history of blog posts. Recently we were proud to announce the brewery line-up at Toronto’s Festival of Beer from July 22-24 at Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place. Breweries from all across Ontario, and, all across the world will be joining us this year. Almost 100 Brewers! Here are 6 Facts about the Beer at TFOB 2016:
1) 333 Beautiful Brews
Yep, you read that right. 333 beautiful, tasty, robust brews will be available at Toronto’s Festival of Beer. This is NOT an invitation to try them all. That’s ridiculous. This IS an open invitation to discover something new or re-discover a brew from you past. It’s all about discovery. Read the official press release HERE.
2) Ontario House
We’ve packed 25 Ontario brewers into the centre of the festival. You cannot miss it. There will be signs, just in case you sort of do miss it. Lol. This will no doubt be a focus for many, as Ontario brewers are CRUSHING IT!!! What a bunch of beauties.
3) New Brews
These are a collection of first timers at our event. Think of the ‘New Brews’ area as the onboarding area to our event. These year the New Brews will be: Bobcaygeon Brewing Company, Falcon Brewing Company, Henderson Brewing Company, Sextant Craft Brewery, Sawn & Ed Brewing Company, and Brock Street Brewing.
4) Ontario Brewing Award Winners
Brock Street Brewing Company were the recipient of the Ontario Brewing Award for Best Newcomer and now you can try them without driving to Whitby. (No disrespect to my homies in Whitby… I am one of you. Born and raised!!!) Seriously, there will be a whole heap of OBA winners at TFOB. Here is the list of OBA2016 winners. Which includes Hoptical Illusion from Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery the OBA2016 Best Of Show award winner.
5) The Beer School Sessions
The Beer School Sessions in partnership with Prud’homme Beer Certification is on site all weekend long to educate the masses. The exact schedule of what you can learn and which brewers you can learn from will be posted soon! All those years of people saying ‘School is cool’ have finally come true.
6) World of Beer Pavilion – Sample Sweden!
Last year we invited 13 Irish Brewers and bunch of Irish Chefs and a couple Irish bands to celebrate all things Ireland. This year we’ve crossed oceans once again to find the perfect hub of beer producers and chefs: Introducing Sample Sweden! presented by Bier Markt, Swedish Canadian Chamber of Commerce, IKEA Canada and Volvo Car Canada.
Yes, there will be very cool bands and really great food, but Beer is the star of the show. It is a beer festival after all. So, won’t you grab some mates and join us in July?
Use promo code SELECTION and save $5 off general admission tickets