TFOB 2017 is in the books.
Here are some takeaways from the event that was:
1) Oh Canada! Listen friends, we all know that Canadian brewers create outstanding beer, but sampling all the great beer from coast to coast takes time, effort and a whole lotta cash. That’s precisely the reason why we created the #Canada150 Pavilion. 48 brands of beer – most of which are not available in Ontario – BUT during TFOB 2017 they were here. From PEI to BC, we showcased the best – and you loved it. The feedback about the variety and selection of brews was awesome. We’re gunna take that energy and inject it to next years feature country… or countries? We’ve said too much.
2) Get In Ma Belly! The food this year was the perfect pairing to all those brews. Did you even try the paid thai fries from Fidel Gastro’s? Or the pulled pork pie from Pie Commission? OH MY GAWD! Or those delishous Hot Bunz from Hot Bunzz Street Cuisine? GEEZ!! Or how about Lobster Mac n Cheese from Matty’s Seafood? WOWZA!! Honestly, bellies got stuffed and we will do our best to offer even more selection next year.
3) 416 Brews To Discover! Did you have a fav? You must have found something new and exciting this year. 100 brewers showcasing their hard work and efforts. We are already putting the notes together for next year to introduce more and more brewers and more tasty brews. We are always looking for brand new brewers who have never been to our event to get them in our New Brews section. Tweet us if you’ve discovered something new so we can share it withe world!
4) Join The CLUB! Club TFOB was a new offering this year. Chef Craig Harding of Campagnolo and Afrim Pristine of the Cheese Boutique displayed their culinary skills, alongside full-sized brew samples, wine and more. This was an experiment to see if this luxury style option would be something you’d want… and you said yes! The ticket also got you early access to TFOB and air conditioned VIP restrooms, snacks and more. We will be offering Club TFOB again next year, so stay tuned!
5) Let There Be Music! Method Man & Redman were legendary. The energy = unreal. The benchmark for TFOB Friday has been set. We are hard at work seeing who we can get for you next year. TFOB Saturday with Sloan was so memorable for all the right reasons. The vibe was perfect. Sloan playing the hits, brewers pouring the best and the sun shining down on us all. On TFOB Sunday, Alan Doyle brought everything that’s great about his east coast vibe to the Main Stage. It was like the perfect ending to a beautiful weekend. Soulfully leading us into Sunday evening. We promise to keep looking for artists that compliment the beer/summer vibe and can’t wait to announce next year’s line-up to you.
All in all, a pretty epic weekend that saw great weather, countless good times and smiling facing all around. Hope you’ll join us again next year. We’ll go on sale December 1st 2017.
Thank you #BeerFam
Each year you guys continue to impress us with your creative tees at Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by The Beer Store. Don’t worry, we see you. And we love it.
If you and your crew are coming to Toronto’s Festival of Beer from July 28-30 at Bandshell Park, here’s what you need to know about the Official TFOB Team T-Shirt Contest.
Once you all arrive and are looking fine, come by the TFOB Media Lounge. You’ll find us right beside the legendary Grilling Tent. Also of note: your crew can be 5 people or 50 people. There is no limitation on group size. A bunch of dudes without shirts on does not count. This is literally a contest of tee shirts.
Once at the TFOB Media Lounge, ask for Victoria, and she will snap a quick photo. All entries must be a photo from Victoria. We are totally paying her to be there to take photos of your group so please follow this rule!
After your weekend full of incredible food and beer passes by, we’ll post a photo gallery on Facebook (or as my Mom calls it, “The Facebook”). The public will be able to vote on who has the best t-shirts. Keep an eye on our social media so you can share the link and get your friends to vote. Make new friends this weekend, (yes because it’s fun), but mostly so you can get them to vote for you. If you win our contest you’ll be the proud owner of 10 tickets to Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by The Beer Store for next year. HERE is last year’s TFOB T-Shirt Photo Album on Facebook.
We’ll pick the winner based on two sets of criteria. %50 based on likes on Facebook and the %50 based on our staff vote.
Here are the full Rules & Regs:
TFOB Team Tee Shirt Contest Contest: For Your Chance To Win Tickets to 2018 Toronto’s Festival of Beer
Contest Rules & Regulations
1. The Contest Period for the TFOB Team Tee Shirt Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 3PM EST Friday, July 28th 2017 and continues until 8:00 PM ET on Tuesday, Sept 5th, 2017 (“Contest Closing Date”), (“Contest Period”).
2. No Purchase Necessary. For your chance to WIN, your team photo must be taken by TFOB staff at the TFOB Media Tent, during TFOB 2017. These photos will then be placed in a Facebook album on the official Toronto’s Festival of Beer Facebook page on August 1st. Photos will be judged based on criteria set forth by Beerlicious Inc. (%50 based on actual Facebook ‘likes’ and %50 based on creativity, as judged by Beerlicious Inc. staff).
3. Limit 1 (one) entry per team. Entries will be rejected if entry process is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period.
4. This Contest is open to residents of the province of Ontario (Canada) who are 19 years or older at the time of entry, excluding employees of Beerlicious Inc., and their respective affiliated companies, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers, and all those with whom they are domiciled. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
5. The potential winner will be contacted on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm for the TFOB Team Tee Shirt Contest as selected by Beerlicious Inc. from all eligible entries from, Ontario, Canada. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Selected entrant will be contacted by Facebook Messenger or via email address indicated on his/her entry given while photo is taken. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within one (1) business day of the second message (FB Messenger or email sent) and after a minimum of two contact attempts by the Contest Sponsor or if the entrant declines the Prize, or does not otherwise comply with these Contest Rules (“Rules”) he/she will forfeit their prize and another random draw will be conducted to select a replacement entrant in the same manner.
6. Selected entrants, for the Contest, will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email, before being named the official daily winner. Selected entrants must also return a signed Declaration and Release of Liability within a specified period of time, before being named a winner, failing which they will forfeit the prize.
7. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All online entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest Sponsor’s server machine(s).
8. There is one (1) Prize to win, which includes: Ten (10) – tickets to Sunday of Toronto’s Festival of Beer, 2018.
9. Once a winner has been deemed as eligible for a prize during any of the given weeks, he/she will not be eligible for contest entry for the duration of the same week and any attempt at further contest entry during the weekly period will not be considered a valid entry.
10. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, or exchanged and has no cash surrender value. No substitutions applicable. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or any portion of the Grand Prize or Prize component for a substitute prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize or Prize component. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for cancellations or other factors beyond the Contest Sponsor’s reasonable control which prevent the Grand Prize or part of the Grand Prize from being fulfilled. In such event, winners will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. Each Prize winner is responsible for all additional costs related to the Prize not specifically included above.
11. The Contest Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes.
12. By entering this Contest, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsors, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, dealers and agents without further notice or compensation. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
13. No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants who will be notified via Facebook Messenger, or by telephone and/or email.
14. Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the contest judges assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for failure of the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
15. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the online portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest and at their sole option, to award prizes based on entries received at the time of such cancellation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
16. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind without prior notice or obligation.
17. The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about entrants for the sole purpose of administering this Contest. The Contest Sponsor will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party. The personal data collected for this Contest will not be used for any other purposes unless entrants provide explicit permission as indicated on the entry form.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities or, if declared a winner, the use or misuse of the Prize or any portion of the Prize including personal injury, death or property damage. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
The countdown is on. Your tickets are purchased. Your loud flower shirt + straw hat are purchased. Now, it’s time for the real info… like, how will I get there? Can I bring water? Will my backpack be okay? What time does that band go on stage? Where can I find my favourite Chef? Let us help you with those answers so that you’re guaranteed to have your best TFOB yet!
TFOB Friday Hours:
TFOB Saturday & TFOB Sunday Hours:
Toronto’s Festival of Beer is located at Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place.
We appreciate plastic just as much as the next person, but cash is king at the Festival. We have teams walking around (pictured) that will be selling tokens and they’ll only accept cash. We’re not saying empty your bank account, but be prepared if you want to move around quickly. ATMs will be on site. Token Booths do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 1 token for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands.
We’ll be using metal detector wands and searching backpacks at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC or a cab or an Ubes. Yeah, we said Ubes. Just no drinking and driving whatsoever.
Our buddy Afrim Pristine of Cheese Boutique has pulled together quite a line-up of Chefs for this year’s Grilling Tent. Come watch masters of their craft demo their skills. Every recipe includes beer and YES there are samples available. Click HERE for the full Chef and Grilling Tent Schedule.
Last year, we moved the front entrance to the Better Living Centre. All Gates (A, B, C) will go through the front entrance of the BLC. This is just a few steps away from where the entrance has been for the past number of years, so it’s not a dramatic change – just wanted to give everyone the heads up. As for parking… we do not have designated parking for the festival. We recommend finding Pay Parking in Liberty Village or just avoiding driving altogether, if that’s an option for you. For real tho, why are you driving to a beer festival?
Seriously, stay hydrated. Each booth has FREE bottled water. All you have to do is ask for it. And you can also take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. And don’t forget to wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! Your raincoat, rubber boats, umbrella may make your experience better since the Sunday forecast calls for rain.
Try something new, something crazy or maybe something you can’t pronounce. Let us open your eyes to a whole new world of beer. *Starts singing A Whole New World from Aladdin*. Seriously, there are 416 Brews To Discover. At TFOB we have every type of brewer imaginable. From big to small, and, from local to international. Plus, this year we are featuring award-winning Canadian beer inside the #Canada150 Pavilion.
Our culinary programme keeps evolving and growing. Welcome to #TasteTFOB! The Grilling Tent and our curated list of food purveyors are second to none! Combine all that mouth-watering deliciousness with over 416 brews to discover, and then add some incredible main stage talent and we are FREAKING OUT OVER HERE! Seriously, can’t wait for July 28-30. #TasteTFOB is presented by TO’s Finest and in partnership with Labatt – Good things brewing, Broil King and Cheese Boutique.
Here is the very latest info on tickets. As you know, we are sold out of TFOB Friday and TFOB Saturday tickets. You can use promo code EAT to save $5 off TFOB Sunday general admission tickets.
Friday, July 28, 2017:
Saturday, July 29, 2017:
Sunday, July 30, 2017:
Chimney Stax Baking Co.
Fidel Gastro’s/Lisa Marie
Heirloom Toronto Food Truck
Tiny Tom Donuts
Mangia & Bevi
Meltwich Food Co.
Ontario Corn Roasters
Queen Margherita Pizza
Hot Bunzz Street Cuizine
South St. Burger
Ted’s World Famous BBQ
The Pie Commission
Here we are beer lovers… Our three main ticket types: VIP, Hoptimized, and General Admission are now SOLD OUT for TFOB Friday and TFOB Saturday. So what does this mean for you? Well, we thought we’d share your options for getting in on the event of the summer:
TFOB Sunday: See Alan Doyle & The Beautiful Gypsies perform live along with Canadian County sensations David James, Erik Ethridge, and Dani Strong. VIP and Hoptimized tickets are going fast.
Club TFOB: This is our most premium offering to date. It’s a super-deluxe executive experience complete with early entry, air-conditioned restrooms, full-sized servings, dedicated stage viewing area, and a full culinary experience provided by Chef Craig Harding and Afrim Pristine. LEARN MORE.
Stay The Night: This is your chance to stay and play… a night at Hilton Toronto, a President’s Welcome Basket and a pair of Hoptimized tickets. LEARN MORE.
Valentine’s Day is Feb 14. Whether you’re deeply in love with someone, still searching for someone, or don’t even care, we felt compelled to share our thoughts… Of course, if you don’t care, then maybe this blog entry is not for you.
Here are 5 gifts ideas and 1 Valentine’s Day alternative suggestion:
1) TICKETS: The Perfectly Paired Package is just that: perfectly paired. We paired TFOB Tickets with a pair of socks from GOTSTYLE and a pair of Yves Martin boxer briefs from Prostate Cancer Canada. You’ll also get a $50 GOTSTYLE gift card and GOTSTYLE MAN Magazine. For every Perfectly Paired Package purchased (say that 5 times fast) we’ll donate $10 to Prostate Cancer Canada.
2) DINNER: The Nacho Crunch Double Layer taco from Taco Bell may be enticing you, but keep that urge bottled in… for now. Trip Advisor has THIS LIST of the best Italians restaurants in Toronto. Or maybe BBQ is your thing? HERE is a list of the best BBQ joints courtesy BLOGTO. And HERE is a list from Yelp on Toronto’s best kept secret restaurants/bars.
3) COUPLES MASSAGE: Speaks for itself… Just hit Google with that search. The one who spends most on AdWords around this time should get your business! We’ve heard that ELMWOOD is good, And Bahn Thai too!
4) RAGE ROOM: For $69 you and your loved one can smash a whole lotta stuff. It’s called the Date Night package from Battle Sports… and sounds perfect if you and your partner want to release some energy. This package comes with the luxury of smashing a printer – which you’ve always wanted to do after seeing Office Space. Learn MORE.
5) ALL THE BOOKS: How many times have you said “We should be reading more?” Mark Zuckerburg’s list of 23 books he things everyone should read is a good place to start. Want to really WOW your love, buy them all the books! Or better yet, get a library card and visit one of Toronto’s Public Library. HERE’s Zucks’ list. And HERE is the location/hours list of Toronto Public Libraries.
Alternative Valentine’s Day Idea:
Order a greasy Brooklyn Pizza from Dominos and binge watch Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. This is the Neil Patrick Harris redux of the movie that Jim Carrey absolutely crushed years previously. NPH is glorious. Follow the tragic trio of the Baudelaire children Violet, Klaus and Sunny as they dodge and weave the evil Count Olaf. For a pretty dark storyline, the show is light and fluffy and full of great performances. That theme song will get stuck in your head and you can thank us later. “Look away, Look awaaaay, Look Away!!”
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day. Cheers. Looking forward to seeing everyone on May 20-21 for Toronto’s Festival of Beer Spring Sessions and on July 28-30 for the Summer Edition of TFOB.
Use code BEER to save $5 off General Admission Tickets!
(This code does not work for the Valentine’s Day Package)
Our weekly look at the latest in beer news take us to Hamilton, Bruges, Houston and right here in Toronto. We googled, we searched, we created and these are the top stories for the week…
We’ve been told that some guys are hard to buy for, so we conjured up the Perfectly Paired Package. It’s like getting a pair of GOTSTYLE socks and a pair of Yves Martin boxer briefs for free when you purchase a pair of TFOB Saturday tickets. LEARN MORE about this package HERE. Please note, we will donate $10 from every package purchased to Prostate Cancer Canada. This is a win/win/win/win. Thanks to the fine folks at GOTSTYLE and Prostate Cancer Canada for making this happen.
So Arty: Let’s face it. Collective Arts Brewing in Hamilton are crushing it. A solid line-up of brews like Rhyme & Reason, Ransack The Universe, Stranger Than Fiction and a killer idea to incorporate art into their look and feel. Canadian and International artists get their art featured on the label. It’s like a global art gallery in your hand, one beer at a time. We love everything about it. Read more in THIS CBC article.
In Bruges: Beer literally flows through the streets of Bruges. This destination is on on our bucket list. It sounds dreamy, but Belgian beer can be a minefield for the uninitiated, so it’s worth learning how to tell your Tripel from your Kwak before you order a pint of something 14% ABV. Check out this piece from The Independent on how to spend a beer-fueled two days In Bruges.
Superb Owl Beer Pairings: Yes, the Superb Owl is coming up (Feb 6 at 6:30pm). It’s Football’s biggest game with Atlanta facing New England. We always like to look at the other battle; the battle of beer. Which region/city brews better beer? Boston vs Atlanta. Methinks it doesn’t seem like too difficult of a choice. The other big part of Superb Owl Sunday are the snacks. HERE’s a handy list of which beer pairs with which snack courtesy of VinePair.
There you have it. Our round up of the latest beer news. Cheers. Looking forward to seeing everyone on May 20-21 for Toronto’s Festival of Beer Spring Sessions and on July 28-30 for the Summer Edition of TFOB.
Use code BEER to save $5 off General Admission Tickets!
(This code does not work for the Valentine’s Day Package)
Love is in the air! We, your pals at Toronto’s Festival of Beer, are proud to parter with the mens style leaders at GOTSTYLE and the fine folks at Prostate Cancer Canada to offer you… the Perfectly Paired Valentine’s Package.
The Perfectly Paired Valentine’s Package is only $85.00 (+ taxes and service fees) and includes:
This is an extremely limited offer. There are only 50 packages available. We feel this pairing works on so many levels. We hope you do to. During purchase, you’ll be asked two questions:
After purchase, the tickets get emailed to you via Ticketfly. Those tickets are your proof of purchase to take in to the GOTSTYLE location to get the rest of your sweet gear. Yes, you’ll need to print your tickets and show them to the staff at GOTSTYLE. Bring photo ID!
Step 1: Print tickets. Step 2: Bring them in to the GOTSTYLE location you selected at purchase. Step 3: Show ticket, receive package.
That’s it. Hope you enjoy this offer and have a great Valentine’s Day. See you in July for Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by the Beer Store!