TFOB 2018 is in the books.
Here are some takeaways from the event that was:
1) #TFOB2018 Got Pretty Funky! Listen friends… We knew Sour Beer was the hot topic going in to this year, but we didn’t realize how funky things were going to actually get. Our TFOB Spotlight was bumping all weekend long with all your favourite hits. At one point, if you looked inside it was a raging dance party. So, cheers to keeping things funky and loving sour beer!
2) Get In Ma Belly! The food this year was outstanding! We had so many options to choose from, including fried chicken to pay respect to Luda’s Chicken & Beer album. We had some new vendors join us as well like ONO Pokè and The Jerk Bros, while some vendors returned from previous years like Fidel Gastros and Ted’s World Famous BBQ. Basically, it was impossible for
3) Toronto Stands By Its Neighbours! We launched a special TorontoStrong ticket offer last week for our Thursday Night show. This ticket was valued at $25 + HST and 100% of the proceeds are being donated back to the families affected by the Danforth Shooting Tragedy. We managed to raise $10,000 with this ticket in the 24 hours it was on sale and to make this story even better, Broken Social Scene agreed to donate an additional $5,000 to the cause as well. We are reaching out to our brewery friends and beer family for additional support for the fund. Torontoians stand strong in times of need.
4) The New Brews On The Block Are Amazing! We had 12 brewers set up at #TFOB2018 for the very first time in our New Brews, presented by TekSavvy pavilion and they were a huge hit. From Midtown Brewery, to OverHop, to even Glutenberg, these brewers set the bar for having some incredible products and you knew exactly why when you spoke with them. They all are so passionate when they talk about their product so congrats to them on making this year’s festival even better than it already was.
5) Join The CLUB! This was the second year we offered Club TFOB experience and you proved to us once again that you appreciate the luxury experience. Chef Craig Harding of Campagnolo, La Palma, and Constantine displayed his amazing culinary skills, alongside full-sized brew samples, wine and more. The ticket also got you early access to TFOB and air conditioned VIP restrooms, snacks and more. We will be offering Club TFOB again next year, so stay tuned!
6) Let There Be Music! TFOB Thursday features the likes of some pretty rad Canadian Bands. The Darcys, The Rural Alberta Advantage and Broken Social Scene put a whole new spin on the music component at TFOB and based on your feedback – you were totally in to it! Ludacris put on an electrifying performance on Friday to a sold out crown of 11,000 people. It was absolutely bonkers looking out to the crowd and seeing an ocean of beer lovers like yourself take it all in. TFOB Saturday was a great day to sing all your favourite hits because Dwayne Gretzky rocked the park. They sang everything from 70s hits, 80s hits, to some 90s favourites and even early 2000s so there was something for everyone to sing. Our personal favourite was when they sang Bohemian Rhapsody and the enter park sang in unison – what an amazing experience. Finally, TFOB Sunday brought some kick-ass rock and roll bands to the OLG Bandshell Stage which included I Mother Earth and Finger Eleven. They even joined forces at the end and sand on stage together. We also can’t forget how awesome the opening acts were too, Stuck On Planet Earth and Brothers of North did an amazing job and really put on an in your face rock-and-roll show that helped prime people for the grand finally to the weekend.
All in all, a pretty epic weekend that saw great weather, countless good times and smiling facing all around. Hope you’ll join us again next year. We’ll go on sale December 1st 2018.
Thank you for all the #BeerLove