Well hello there Beer Fam … Here are the most common questions we get asked. If the answer you’re looking for is not below, please reach out to us on Twitter and we’ll be happy to connect and try to answer your question.
Q: Can I Still Get Tickets to TFOB 2019?
Yes, you can! TFOB Saturday is currently sold out but you can still grab tickets for TFOB Friday and TFOB Sunday:
Q: Where is Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2019?
Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place. Technically the main entrance addy is 195 Prince’s Blvd. Toronto’s Festival of Beer on Google Maps is Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place.
Q: Can You Give Me Directions Via The TTC?
There are two stations on Exhibition Grounds. Here’s how to get here:
1) 29 Dufferin Bus – Take the Bloor subway to Dufferin Station, board the #29 bus south to Exhibition Place.
2) 511 Bathurst Streetcar – Take the Bloor subway to Bathurst Station, board the #511 streetcar south to Exhibition Place. There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station.
3) 509 Harbourfront Streetcar – Take the Yonge-University subway to Union Station. Take the 509 Streetcar from the Union Station southbound streetcar tunnel towards Exhibition Loop . There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station.
Q: What are the Hours of TFOB?
TFOB Friday Hours:
- 3:00p – Doors Open for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 4:30p – General Admission Doors Open / Kris Ulrich (Complete Country Stage)
- 5:00p – Michie Mee
- 5:30p – Blackie Jackett Jr (Complete Country Stage)
- 6:oop – Boot Camp Clik (Black Moon, Smif N Wessun, Rock)
- 7:15p – DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 8:30p – Ghostface Killah & Raekwon
- 9:45p – Public Enemy Radio
- 10:45p – Taps Off
- 11:00p – Closed
TFOB Saturday Hours:
- 12:00p – Doors Open for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 1:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 1:00p – Conor Gains
- 2:00p – Supersonic
- 2:45p – Owen Barney (Complete Country Stage)
- 3:15p – Frank Ryan
- 3:45p – Kris Barclay (Complete Country Stage)
- 4:15p – Dwayne Gretzky (Set 1)
- 5:30p – Brett Kissel (Complete Country Stage)
- 6:45p – Dwayne Gretzky (Set 2)
- 7:45p – Taps Off
- 8:00p – Closed
TFOB Sunday Hours:
- 12:00p –Doors Open for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 1:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 2:30p – Blackie Jackett Jr (Complete Country Stage)
- 3:15p – NDAI
- 3:45p – Tim & The Glory Boys (Complete Country Stage)
- 4:15p – CHOCLAIR
- 5:00p – Hunter Brothers (Complete Country Stage)
- 6:30p – Ashanti & Ja Rule
- 7:45p – Taps Off
- 8:00p – Closed
Q: What Can/Should I Bring With Me?
- Valid photo ID – This is a 19+ event (a photocopy of ID does not count)
- Your Ticket. (Best to print it out and bring with you, unless you ordered a mobile ticket)
- Bags are restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Bag size may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm), or 30 linear inches (75cm) in total, and must have no more than one singular pocket or opening.
- Comfortable Shoes
- TTC tokens / PRESTO card
- Mobile phone – to take selfies, call a cab or Ubes – Please enjoy responsibly, don’t drink and drive.
Smoking / Cannabis Policy: Toronto’s Festival of Beer has designated smoking areas on the grounds where smoking is permitted. Consumers smoking outside the designated areas will be asked to extinguish their smoke and move to a designated area. Consumer’s refusing to abide by the smoking policy will be subject to removal from the festival grounds. Consumers are allowed entry with a small quantity of “personal use only” cannabis (recreational or medicinal) in a pre-rolled format (max 3 pre-rolled, single-wide at 68-70mm in length). Entry will be denied for anyone with loose leaf cannabis, cannabis edibles / oils or other cannabis products.
All illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
Q: What Can’t I Bring With Me?
- Pets (We love them, but they can’t come with you)
- Children (We love them too, but they can’t come with you. This is a 19+ event)
- Any type of Water Bottle – We offer FREE WATER through our quench buggy on site. Don’t bring that fancy water bottle!
- Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets as well as Hydration packs are prohibited
- Large video cameras
- Selfie Sticks (seriously, are these things still a ‘thing’? lol)
- Cameras, other than for personal use
- Mobile phone charger (there is no place to plug it in)
- Water guns
- Your own glassware/bottles.
Q: What will the security be like at the festival? How long will it take to enter?
Our front gate and security staff are industry professionals who will help get everyone in to the event in an efficient and safe manner. Please anticipate a short wait before entering the event so that our staff can be thorough in searching our attendees. It’s for your own safety so let’s work together on this and it will help everything move a lot quicker. Below is our formal notice regarding our safety protocol when entering the event…
In order to provide our patrons with a safe environment, the following security measures may be in effect:
1) As a condition of entry and for the purpose of public safety, everyone will be subject to reasonable search of their person including the use of hand-held metal detectors and/or pat downs.
2) Searches may cause brief delays in entering, so we encourage everyone to arrive early. Those patrons who do not carry any items into TFOB will enter more rapidly than those who bring items in with them. Guests are encouraged to leave belongings in their vehicles or at home whenever possible.
3) Law enforcement personnel will be present at entrances along with our staff to ensure guest safety. We thank our guests for their patience and cooperation in making your experience at TFOB safe and enjoyable.
4) Please report any suspicious activity in or around TFOB – See Something, Say Something
Safety is everyone’s responsibility – if you see suspicious activity please report it to any member of our Event staff or uniformed Police personnel.
Q: Where Is The Actual Entrance To Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2019?
The entrance to Toronto’s Festival of Beer is in front of the Better Living Centre (195 Princes’ Blvd). All Gates (A, B, C) will go through the front entrance of the BLC. (Say BLC in your best Snoop Dogg impersonation and you’re a legend) This is just a few steps away from where the entrance has been for the past number of years, so it’s not a dramatic change – just wanted to give everyone the heads up.
Q: – Should I Bring Cash?
Yep. We appreciate plastic just as much as the next person, but cash is king at the Festival. We have teams walking around (pictured) that will be selling tokens and they’ll only accept cash. We’re not saying empty your bank account, but be prepared if you want to move around quickly. ATMs will be on site. Token Booths do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
Q: How Do I Get Tokens?
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 1 token for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands. There are dedicated booths that sell tokens, along with mobile token teams. They will be easy to spot.
Q: Can I Bring A Backpack?
The quick answer is no… Bags are restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Bag size may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm), or 30 linear inches (75cm) in total, and must have no more than one singular pocket or opening. We’ll be using metal detector wands and searching all small bags, totes, and drawstring bags at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
Q: What Are The Rules Around Smoking Cigarettes / Cannabis?
We will have designated smoking areas on the grounds where smoking is permitted. If our security staff see you smoking outside these designated areas they will ask you to extinguish your smoke and move to the proper area. If you refuse to abide by the smoking policy, our security staff will kindly ask you to leave the festival grounds. We don’t want to do that – lets just have fun and be courteous to everyone so we can all have a good time!
You will be allowed to enter the festival with a small quantity of “personal use only” cannabis (recreational or medicinal) in a pre-rolled format (max 3 pre-rolled, single-wide at 68-70mm in length). Entry will be denied for anyone with loose leaf cannabis, cannabis edibles / oils or other cannabis products. All other illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
Q: Will I be photographed at the event?
Our photography / video team might see you and say… “WOW! That person looks like they are having the best time, I need to capture this moment!” If that happens you should know that by entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Beerlicious Inc.
Q: What If I Want To Drive?
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC or a cab or an Ubes. Yeah, we said Ubes. Just no drinking and driving whatsoever. If you are the DD, here’s some parking info: we do not have designated parking for the festival. We recommend finding Pay Parking in Liberty Village or just avoiding driving altogether, if that’s an option for you.
Q: What Will I Be Able To Eat at TFOB 2019?
In a word… LOTS. The food purveyors coming to the festival this year will be second to none. Explore them all and be sure to take lots of eating breaks. This is all part of #TasteTFOB – our commitment to providing an incredible food experience. See who is coming to TFOB 2019 HERE.
Q: Will There Be Water For Me To Drink?
You need to stay hydrated. That’s why we offer FREE WATER through our quench buggy on site. Just take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. Do not bring your water bottle from home, they will be taken away.
Q: What Happens If It Rains? Or If It’s Too Hot?
Whatever the weather, we will still be pouring. Rain or shine, the show goes on! Remember to dress for the weather and wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy, wear sunblock. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! Your raincoat and rubber boats may make your experience if it calls for rain.
Q: Do You Really have 400+ Brews To Discover?
Approximately 100 brewers from all over the world will be here. Try something new, something crazy or maybe something you can’t pronounce. Let us open your eyes to a whole new world of beer. *Starts singing A Whole New World from Aladdin*. Seriously, At TFOB we have every type of brewer imaginable. From big to small, and, from local to international. Plus, this year we are featuring three exciting TFOB Spotlights: Michigan, Toronto’s East Brewery Collective, and Funk Town.
That’s it! We can’t wait to see you all this weekend at TFOB 2019.