Valentine’s Day is Feb 14. Whether you’re deeply in love with someone, still searching for someone, or don’t even care, we felt compelled to share our thoughts… Of course, if you don’t care, then maybe this blog entry is not for you.
Here are 5 gifts ideas and 1 Valentine’s Day alternative suggestion:
1) TICKETS: The Perfectly Paired Package is just that: perfectly paired. We paired TFOB Tickets with a pair of socks from GOTSTYLE and a pair of Yves Martin boxer briefs from Prostate Cancer Canada. You’ll also get a $50 GOTSTYLE gift card and GOTSTYLE MAN Magazine. For every Perfectly Paired Package purchased (say that 5 times fast) we’ll donate $10 to Prostate Cancer Canada.
2) DINNER: The Nacho Crunch Double Layer taco from Taco Bell may be enticing you, but keep that urge bottled in… for now. Trip Advisor has THIS LIST of the best Italians restaurants in Toronto. Or maybe BBQ is your thing? HERE is a list of the best BBQ joints courtesy BLOGTO. And HERE is a list from Yelp on Toronto’s best kept secret restaurants/bars.
3) COUPLES MASSAGE: Speaks for itself… Just hit Google with that search. The one who spends most on AdWords around this time should get your business! We’ve heard that ELMWOOD is good, And Bahn Thai too!
4) RAGE ROOM: For $69 you and your loved one can smash a whole lotta stuff. It’s called the Date Night package from Battle Sports… and sounds perfect if you and your partner want to release some energy. This package comes with the luxury of smashing a printer – which you’ve always wanted to do after seeing Office Space. Learn MORE.
5) ALL THE BOOKS: How many times have you said “We should be reading more?” Mark Zuckerburg’s list of 23 books he things everyone should read is a good place to start. Want to really WOW your love, buy them all the books! Or better yet, get a library card and visit one of Toronto’s Public Library. HERE’s Zucks’ list. And HERE is the location/hours list of Toronto Public Libraries.
Alternative Valentine’s Day Idea:
Order a greasy Brooklyn Pizza from Dominos and binge watch Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. This is the Neil Patrick Harris redux of the movie that Jim Carrey absolutely crushed years previously. NPH is glorious. Follow the tragic trio of the Baudelaire children Violet, Klaus and Sunny as they dodge and weave the evil Count Olaf. For a pretty dark storyline, the show is light and fluffy and full of great performances. That theme song will get stuck in your head and you can thank us later. “Look away, Look awaaaay, Look Away!!”
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day. Cheers. Looking forward to seeing everyone on May 20-21 for Toronto’s Festival of Beer Spring Sessions and on July 28-30 for the Summer Edition of TFOB.
Use code BEER to save $5 off General Admission Tickets!
(This code does not work for the Valentine’s Day Package)