Well hello there Beer Fam … Here are the most common questions we get asked. If the answer you’re looking for is not below, please reach out to us on Twitter and we’ll be happy to connect and try to answer your question.
Q: Can I Get Tickets to TFOB 2022?
Q: What If I Have Tickets From 2020?
Your 2020 TFOB tickets are still valid for the event. Simply present those original tickets at the door for entry on the day for which you purchased them. No new tickets needed.
Can’t find your tickets? Please EMAIL US HERE with your full name and email address used for purchase and we’d be happy to help you out.
Q: Where is Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2022?
Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place. Toronto’s Festival of Beer on Google Maps is Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place.
Q: Can You Give Me Directions Via The TTC?
There are two stations on Exhibition Grounds. Here’s how to get here:
1) 29 Dufferin Bus – Take the Bloor subway to Dufferin Station, board the #29 bus south to Exhibition Place.
2) 511 Bathurst Streetcar – Take the Bloor subway to Bathurst Station, board the #511 streetcar south to Exhibition Place. There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station.
3) 509 Harbourfront Streetcar – Take the Yonge-University subway to Union Station. Take the 509 Streetcar from the Union Station southbound streetcar tunnel towards Exhibition Loop . There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station.
Q: Can you give me simple graphic site map and stage schedule so I can save to my phone?
Yes, we can do that. HERE you go.
Q: What are the Hours of TFOB?
TFOB Friday Hours:
- 3:00p – Doors Open for Club TFOB, and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 4:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 8:30p – Special Guest – Run The Jewels
- 9:30p – NAS
- 10:45p – Taps Off
- 11:00p – Closed
TFOB Saturday Hours:
- 12:00p – Doors Open for Club TFOB and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 1:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 4:30p – The Strumbellas
- 6:30p – Sam Roberts Band
- 7:45p – Taps Off
- 8:00p – Closed
TFOB Sunday Hours:
- 12:00p –Doors Open for Club TFOB and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 1:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 4:30p – Matt Mays
- 6:30p – The Revivalists
- 7:45p – Taps Off
- 8:00p – Closed
Q: What Can/Should I Bring With Me?
- Valid photo ID – This is a 19+ event (a photocopy of ID does not count)
- Your Ticket. (Best to print it out and bring with you, unless you ordered a mobile ticket)
- Bags are restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Bag size may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm), or 30 linear inches (75cm) in total, and must have no more than one singular pocket or opening.
- Comfortable Shoes
- TTC tokens / PRESTO card
- Mobile phone – to take selfies, call a cab or Ubes – Please enjoy responsibly, don’t drink and drive.
Smoking Policy: Toronto’s Festival of Beer has designated smoking areas on the grounds where smoking is permitted. Consumers smoking outside the designated areas will be asked to extinguish their smoke and move to a designated area. Consumer’s refusing to abide by the smoking policy will be subject to removal from the festival grounds. Consumers are allowed entry with a small quantity of “personal use only” cannabis (recreational or medicinal) in a pre-rolled format (max 3 pre-rolled, single-wide at 68-70mm in length). Entry will be denied for anyone with loose leaf cannabis, cannabis edibles / oils or other cannabis products.
All illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
Q: What Can’t I Bring With Me?
- Pets (We love them, but they can’t come with you)
- Children (We love them too, but they can’t come with you. This is a 19+ event)
- Any type of Water Bottle – We offer FREE WATER through our quench buggy on site. Don’t bring that fancy water bottle!
- Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets as well as Hydration packs are prohibited
- Large video cameras
- Selfie Sticks (seriously, are these things still a ‘thing’? lol)
- Cameras, other than for personal use
- Mobile phone charger (there is no place to plug it in)
- Water guns
- Your own glassware/bottles.
Q: What are the TFOB House Rules?
All Our Welcome: This is our party and everyone is invited.* (*Except minors and a##holes)
The Beer is Here: This is a place to be loud and proud about your brew, to debate the quality of hops and have passionate conversations about flavour notes.
You Are A Part Of This: With the purchase of your ticket and with the first sip of ice cold suds you are agreeing to our sacred house rules.
Live and Let Live: Colour, creed, background, pronouns, ability, and even choices of brew are not only equal but celebrated. Beauty is in the diversity and anything other than respect and positivity is not welcome. Be yourself and allow others to do the same.
Don’t Kill the Vibe: No bullies, no prejudice, no harassment… no exceptions. There’s no 3 strike rule here. Anyone who chooses not to abide by our house rules will be immediately removed from our event. No refunds either.
House Rules are a Team Sport: These aren’t just rules we post. We’ve ensured our vendors, our partners, our sponsors, and our organizers are on board. We’ve brought on anti-harassment and bulling experts from the #NotMe App and have aligned all our stakeholders to see something, say something, do something. While at TFOB2022, you can:
- Connect via #NotMe App. Download the #NotMe App from your app store.
- Contact Event Management. They are the people wearing radios.
- Contact nearest Security Guard. They are easy to spot in black and grey uniforms.
Q: What Will Security Be Like at #TFOB2022?
Our front gate and security staff are industry professionals who will help get everyone in to the event in an efficient and safe manner. Please anticipate a short wait before entering the event so that our staff can be thorough in searching our attendees. It’s for your own safety so let’s work together on this and it will help everything move a lot quicker. Below is our formal notice regarding our safety protocol when entering the event…
In order to provide our patrons with a safe environment, the following security measures may be in effect:
1) As a condition of entry and for the purpose of public safety, everyone will be subject to reasonable search of their person including the use of hand-held metal detectors and/or pat downs.
2) Searches may cause brief delays in entering, so we encourage everyone to arrive early. Those patrons who do not carry any items into TFOB will enter more rapidly than those who bring items in with them. Guests are encouraged to leave belongings in their vehicles or at home whenever possible.
3) Law enforcement personnel will be present at entrances along with our staff to ensure guest safety. We thank our guests for their patience and cooperation in making your experience at TFOB safe and enjoyable.
4) Please report any suspicious activity in or around TFOB – See Something, Say Something
Safety is everyone’s responsibility – if you see suspicious activity please report it to any member of our Event staff or uniformed Police personnel.
Q: Where Is The Actual Entrance To Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2022?
The entrance to Toronto’s Festival of Beer is in front of the Better Living Centre (195 Princes’ Blvd). All Gates (A, B, C) will go through the front entrance of the BLC. (Say BLC in your best Snoop Dogg impersonation and you’re a legend) This is just a few steps away from where the entrance has been for the past number of years, so it’s not a dramatic change – just wanted to give everyone the heads up.
Q: – Should I Bring Cash or Credit?
We accept cash AND credit. We have teams walking around (pictured) that will be selling tokens and they’ll accept either. ATMs will be on site. Token Booths do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
Q: How Do I Get Tokens?
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 2 tokens for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands. There are dedicated booths that sell tokens, along with mobile token teams. They will be easy to spot.
Q: Can I Bring A Backpack?
The quick answer is no… Bags are restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Bag size may not exceed 14” x 11” x 5” (35cm x 28cm x 12cm), or 30 linear inches (75cm) in total, and must have no more than one singular pocket or opening. We’ll be using metal detector wands and searching all small bags, totes, and drawstring bags at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
Q: What Are The Rules Around Smoking Cigarettes / Cannabis?
We will have designated smoking areas on the grounds where smoking is permitted. If our security staff see you smoking outside these designated areas they will ask you to extinguish your smoke and move to the proper area. If you refuse to abide by the smoking policy, our security staff will kindly ask you to leave the festival grounds. We don’t want to do that – lets just have fun and be courteous to everyone so we can all have a good time!
You will be allowed to enter the festival with a small quantity of “personal use only” cannabis (recreational or medicinal) in a pre-rolled format (max 3 pre-rolled, single-wide at 68-70mm in length). Entry will be denied for anyone with loose leaf cannabis, cannabis edibles / oils or other cannabis products. All other illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
Q: Will I be photographed at the event?
Our photography / video team might see you and say… “WOW! That person looks like they are having the best time, I need to capture this moment!” If that happens you should know that by entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Beerlicious Inc.
Q: What If I Want To Drive?
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC or a cab or an Uber or Lyft. Just no drinking and driving whatsoever. If you are the DD, here’s some parking info: we do not have designated parking for the festival. We recommend finding Pay Parking in Liberty Village or just avoiding driving altogether, if that’s an option for you.
Q: What Will I Be Able To Eat at TFOB 2022?
In a word… LOTS. We list the food purveyors HERE. Explore them all and be sure to take lots of eating breaks. This is all part of #TasteTFOB – our commitment to providing an incredible food experience.
Q: Will There Be Water For Me To Drink?
You need to stay hydrated. That’s why we offer FREE WATER through our quench buggy on site. Just take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. Do not bring your water bottle from home, they will be taken away.
Q: What Happens If It Rains? Or If It’s Too Hot?
Whatever the weather, we will still be pouring. Rain or shine, the show goes on! Remember to dress for the weather and wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy, wear sunblock. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! Your raincoat and rubber boots may make your experience if it calls for rain.
Q: Do You Really have 400+ Brews To Discover?
Yep. We list our entire beer line-up HERE. Approximately 65+ brewers from all over the world will be here. Try something new, something crazy or maybe something you can’t pronounce. Let us open your eyes to a whole new world of beer. Seriously, At TFOB we have every type of brewer imaginable. From big to small, and, from local to international. Plus, this year we are featuring some exciting TFOB Spotlights, like a focus on The Changemakers – a group of brewers making a difference.
That’s it! We can’t wait to see you all July 22-24 at TFOB 2022.