TFOB 2017 is in the books.
Here are some takeaways from the event that was:
1) Oh Canada! Listen friends, we all know that Canadian brewers create outstanding beer, but sampling all the great beer from coast to coast takes time, effort and a whole lotta cash. That’s precisely the reason why we created the #Canada150 Pavilion. 48 brands of beer – most of which are not available in Ontario – BUT during TFOB 2017 they were here. From PEI to BC, we showcased the best – and you loved it. The feedback about the variety and selection of brews was awesome. We’re gunna take that energy and inject it to next years feature country… or countries? We’ve said too much.
2) Get In Ma Belly! The food this year was the perfect pairing to all those brews. Did you even try the paid thai fries from Fidel Gastro’s? Or the pulled pork pie from Pie Commission? OH MY GAWD! Or those delishous Hot Bunz from Hot Bunzz Street Cuisine? GEEZ!! Or how about Lobster Mac n Cheese from Matty’s Seafood? WOWZA!! Honestly, bellies got stuffed and we will do our best to offer even more selection next year.
3) 416 Brews To Discover! Did you have a fav? You must have found something new and exciting this year. 100 brewers showcasing their hard work and efforts. We are already putting the notes together for next year to introduce more and more brewers and more tasty brews. We are always looking for brand new brewers who have never been to our event to get them in our New Brews section. Tweet us if you’ve discovered something new so we can share it withe world!
4) Join The CLUB! Club TFOB was a new offering this year. Chef Craig Harding of Campagnolo and Afrim Pristine of the Cheese Boutique displayed their culinary skills, alongside full-sized brew samples, wine and more. This was an experiment to see if this luxury style option would be something you’d want… and you said yes! The ticket also got you early access to TFOB and air conditioned VIP restrooms, snacks and more. We will be offering Club TFOB again next year, so stay tuned!
5) Let There Be Music! Method Man & Redman were legendary. The energy = unreal. The benchmark for TFOB Friday has been set. We are hard at work seeing who we can get for you next year. TFOB Saturday with Sloan was so memorable for all the right reasons. The vibe was perfect. Sloan playing the hits, brewers pouring the best and the sun shining down on us all. On TFOB Sunday, Alan Doyle brought everything that’s great about his east coast vibe to the Main Stage. It was like the perfect ending to a beautiful weekend. Soulfully leading us into Sunday evening. We promise to keep looking for artists that compliment the beer/summer vibe and can’t wait to announce next year’s line-up to you.
All in all, a pretty epic weekend that saw great weather, countless good times and smiling facing all around. Hope you’ll join us again next year. We’ll go on sale December 1st 2017.
Thank you #BeerFam