Here is a list of the most common questions we get asked about Toronto’s Festival of Beer presented by the Beer Store. If you don’t see your answer, please reach out to us via email or Twitter or Facebook.
Q: When Do TFOB 2018 Tickets Go On Sale?
#TFOB2018 tickets are on sale right now. You don’t need a password or promo code or anything. Here are the links to purchase tickets for each day:
Q: What’s the difference between VIP, Hoptimized, Club TFOB and General Admission tickets?
Good question. HERE is the difference between all the ticket types we offer. 19+ only.
Q: What are the prices of TFOB 2018 tickets?
#TFOB2018 tickets start at $30 for a General Admission Thursday ticket. They go right up to $150 for a Club Ticket ticket. The Early Bird tickets (which are on sale now) are the best value, so get yours early! Prices go up on Jan 30th, 2018, and again on April 3rd, 2018 and again on May 29th, 2018. SEE FULL PRICING GRID HERE.
Q: What bands are playing Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2018?
A: We announce one headliner at a time. So far… TFOB Friday with Ludacris and TFOB Saturday with live music collective Dwayne Gretzky.More to come soon!
Q: Where is Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2018?
A: Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place. Technically the addy is 200 Princes’ Blvd. Toronto’s Festival of Beer on Google Maps is Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place.
Q: Can You Give Me Directions Via The TTC?
A) There are two stations on Exhibition Grounds. Here’s how to get here: 1) 29 Dufferin Bus – Take the Bloor subway to Dufferin Station, board the #29 bus south to Exhibition Place. 2) 511 Bathurst Streetcar – Take the Bloor subway to Bathurst Station, board the #511 streetcar south to Exhibition Place. There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station. 3) 509 Harbourfront Streetcar – Take the Yonge-University subway to Union Station. Take the 509 Streetcar from the Union Station southbound streetcar tunnel towards Exhibition Loop . There are two streetcar stops at Exhibition Place, at Strachan Avenue, and adjacent to the Horse Palace/GO Station.
Q: What are the Hours of TFOB?
- Thursday, July 26 from 5pm to 11pm
- Friday, July 27 from 4:30pm to 11pm (early access for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized ticket holders)
- Saturday, July 28 from 1:30pm to 8pm (early access for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized ticket holders)
- Sunday, July 29 from 1:30pm to 8pm (early access for VIP and Hoptimized ticket holders)
Q: What Can/Should I Bring With Me?
- Valid photo ID – This is a 19+ event (a photocopy of ID does not count)
- Your Ticket. (Best to print it out and bring with you, unless you ordered a mobile ticket)
- Comfortable Shoes
- TTC tokens / PRESTO card
- Mobile phone – to take selfies, call a cab or Ubes – Please enjoy responsibly, don’t drink and drive.
- Raincoat, Umbrella (check the weather before you leave home)
Q: What Can’t I Bring With Me?
- Pets (We love them, but they can’t come with you)
- Children (We love them too, but they can’t come with you. This is a 19+ event)
- Any type of Water Bottle – We offer FREE WATER through water stations on site. We also provide most vendors with water to distribute. Don’t bring that fancy water bottle!
- Large video cameras
- Selfie Sticks (seriously, are these things still a ‘thing’? lol)
- Cameras, other than for personal use
- Mobile phone charger (there is no place to plug it in)
- Water guns
- Your own glassware/bottles.
- Cannabis (aka: Weed, ganja, green, doobs, doobies, reefer, trees, hash, hashish, devils lettuce, shrooms, or any other type of drug) is NOT PERMITTED on site. Even if you have a card or something that says you can smoke, that does not mean you can smoke within the grounds. Our liquor license is very clear and does not allow it. There is also no ‘in-out’ privileges, so please keep that in mind.
Q: Where Is The Actual Entrance To Toronto’s Festival of Beer 2018?
A few years ago, we moved the front entrance to the Better Living Centre. All Gates (A, B, C) will go through the front entrance of the BLC. (Say BLC in your best Snoop Dogg impersonation and you’re a legend) This is just a few steps away from where the entrance has been for the past number of years, so it’s not a dramatic change – just wanted to give everyone the heads up.
Q: – Should I Bring Cash?
Yep. We appreciate plastic just as much as the next person, but cash is king at the Festival. We have teams walking around (pictured) that will be selling tokens and they’ll only accept cash. We’re not saying empty your bank account, but be prepared if you want to move around quickly. ATMs will be on site. Token Booths do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
Q: How Do I Get Tokens?
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 1 token for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands. They are dedicated booths that sell tokens, along with mobile token teams. They will be easy to spot.
Q: Can I Bring A Backpack?
Yep, but heads up… we’ll be using metal detector wands and searching backpacks at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
Q: What If I Want To Drive?
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC or a cab or an Ubes. Yeah, we said Ubes. Just no drinking and driving whatsoever. If you are the DD, here’s some parking info: we do not have designated parking for the festival. We recommend finding Pay Parking in Liberty Village or just avoiding driving altogether, if that’s an option for you.
Q: What Was There To Eat at TFOB 2017?
In a word… LOTS. The food purveyors we have this year are second to none. See the entire LIST! Explore them all and be sure to take lots of eating breaks. Click HERE for the full Chef and Grilling Tent Schedule. This is all part of #TasteTFOB – our commitment to providing an incredible food experience. We will definitely raise the bar again in 2018! Stay tuned!
Q: Will There Be Water For Me To Drink?
You need to stay hydrated. Most booths have FREE bottled water. All you have to do is ask for it. And you can also take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. Do not bring your water bottle from home, they will be taken away.
Q: What Happens If It Rains? Or If It’s Too Hot?
Whatever the weather, we will still be pouring. Rain or shine, the show goes on! Remember to dress for the weather and wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy, wear sunblock. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! Your raincoat, rubber boats, umbrella may make your experience if it calls for rain.
Q: Do You Really have 400+ Brews To Discover?
About 100 brewers from all over the world will be here. Try something new, something crazy or maybe something you can’t pronounce. Let us open your eyes to a whole new world of beer. *Starts singing A Whole New World from Aladdin*. Seriously, At TFOB we have every type of brewer imaginable. From big to small, and, from local to international.