The countdown is on. Your tickets are purchased. Your loud flower shirt + straw hat are purchased. Now, it’s time for the real info… like, how will I get there? Can I bring water? Will my backpack be okay? What time does that band go on stage? Where can I find my favourite Chef? Let us help you with those answers so that you’re guaranteed to have your best TFOB yet!
12 – Hours & Location
TFOB Friday Hours:
- 3:00p – Doors Open for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 4:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 9:30p – Method Man & Redman
- 10:30p – Last Call
- 10:45p – Taps Off
- 11:00p – Closed
TFOB Saturday & TFOB Sunday Hours:
- 12:00p –Doors Open for Club TFOB, VIP and Hoptimized Ticket Holders
- 1:30p – General Admission Doors Open
- 6:30p – Sloan on Saturday, Alan Doyle & The Beautiful Gypsies on Sunday
- 7:30p – Last Call
- 7:45p – Taps Off
- 8:00p – Closed
Toronto’s Festival of Beer is located at Bandshell Park, Exhibition Place.
11 – What You Can Bring…
- Valid photo ID – This is a 19+ event (a photocopy of ID does not count)
- Your Ticket. (Best to print it out and bring with you, unless you ordered a mobile ticket)
- Comfortable Shoes
- TTC tokens / PRESTO card
- Mobile phone – to take selfies, call a cab or Ubes – Please enjoy responsibly, don’t drink and drive.
- Raincoat, Umbrella (check the weather before you leave home)
10 – What You Can’t Bring With You…
- Pets (We love them, but they can’t come with you)
- Children (We love them too, but they can’t come with you. This is a 19+ event)
- Any type of Water Bottle – All of our vendors will offer FREE WATER. You don’t need to bring that fancy water bottle!
- Large video cameras
- Selfie Sticks (seriously, are these things still a ‘thing’? lol)
- Cameras, other than for personal use
- Mobile phone charger (there is no place to plug it in)
- Water guns
- Your own glassware/bottles.
- Illegal Substances (aka: Weed, ganja, green, doobs, doobies, reefer, trees, hash, hashish, devils lettuce, shrooms, or any other type of drug) Even if you have a card or something that says you can smoke, that does not mean you can smoke within the grounds. Our liquor license is very clear and does not allow it. There is also no ‘in-out’ privileges, so please keep that in mind.
9 – Think Ca$h
We appreciate plastic just as much as the next person, but cash is king at the Festival. We have teams walking around (pictured) that will be selling tokens and they’ll only accept cash. We’re not saying empty your bank account, but be prepared if you want to move around quickly. ATMs will be on site. Token Booths do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
8 – Tokens
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 1 token for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands.
7 – Your Backpack Will be Searched
We’ll be using metal detector wands and searching backpacks at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
6 – Don’t Drink & Drive
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC or a cab or an Ubes. Yeah, we said Ubes. Just no drinking and driving whatsoever.
5 – Bring Your Appetite – #TasteTFOB
4 – The Grilling Tent – #TasteTFOB
Our buddy Afrim Pristine of Cheese Boutique has pulled together quite a line-up of Chefs for this year’s Grilling Tent. Come watch masters of their craft demo their skills. Every recipe includes beer and YES there are samples available. Click HERE for the full Chef and Grilling Tent Schedule.
3 – New-ish Entrance
Last year, we moved the front entrance to the Better Living Centre. All Gates (A, B, C) will go through the front entrance of the BLC. This is just a few steps away from where the entrance has been for the past number of years, so it’s not a dramatic change – just wanted to give everyone the heads up. As for parking… we do not have designated parking for the festival. We recommend finding Pay Parking in Liberty Village or just avoiding driving altogether, if that’s an option for you. For real tho, why are you driving to a beer festival?
2 – Drink Water & Dress for the Weather
Seriously, stay hydrated. Each booth has FREE bottled water. All you have to do is ask for it. And you can also take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. And don’t forget to wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! Your raincoat, rubber boats, umbrella may make your experience better since the Sunday forecast calls for rain.
1 – Great Beer is Great Beer
Try something new, something crazy or maybe something you can’t pronounce. Let us open your eyes to a whole new world of beer. *Starts singing A Whole New World from Aladdin*. Seriously, there are 416 Brews To Discover. At TFOB we have every type of brewer imaginable. From big to small, and, from local to international. Plus, this year we are featuring award-winning Canadian beer inside the #Canada150 Pavilion.