The weekend is here. Your Spring Sessions tickets are purchased, cottage vibes are in the air! All that’s left to do is figure out the deets… important stuff, like… how will I get there? Should I wear my flowy tank and khaki shorts or my jean jacket and summer dress with the flowers on it? Can I bring water? Will my backpack be okay? What time does the band go on stage? Where can I find my favourite beer? Let us help you with those answers so that you’re guaranteed to have your best Spring Sessions yet! Below are the Top 10 tips on enjoying Spring Sessions…
Note: Sunday Tickets are available online until 12:00pm. After 12:oopm, they are only available at the Gate!
Location: Fort York: Garrison Common. HERE is a map.
- 12:00pm – Doors Open
- 5:15pm – The Trews Live & Acoustic Campfire Session (BUY TICKETS)
- 6:15pm – Last Call
- 6:30pm – Taps Off
- 7:00pm – Closed
10 – What You Can Bring…
- –Valid photo ID – This is a 19+ event (a photocopy of ID does not count)
- –Your Ticket. (Best to print it out and bring with you, unless you ordered a mobile ticket)
- -Comfortable Shoes
- -TTC tokens / PRESTO card
- -Mobile phone – to take selfies, call a cab or Ubes – Please enjoy responsibly, don’t drink and drive.
- -Raincoat, Umbrella (check the weather before you leave home)
9 – What You Can’t Bring With You…
- -Pets (We love them, but they can’t come with you)
- -Children (We love them too, but they can’t come with you)
- -Water Bottles – All of our vendors will offer free water. You do not need to bring that fancy water bottle!
- -Opened water bottles
- -Large video cameras
- -Selfie Sticks (seriously, are these things still a ‘thing’? lol)
- -Cameras, other than for personal use
- -Mobile phone charger (there is no place to plug it in)
- -Water guns
- -Your own glassware/bottles.
- -Illegal Substances (aka: Weed, ganja, green, doobs, doobies, reefer, trees, hash, hashish, devils lettuce, shrooms, or any other type of drug)
8 – Think Ca$h
We appreciate plastic just as much as the next person, but cash is king at the Festival. We have teams walking around that will be selling tokens and they’ll only accept cash. We’re not saying empty your bank account, but be prepared if you want to move around quickly. ATMs will be on site. Token Booths do accept Credit Card Payments, but we always reco cash for getting ‘er done quickly.
7 – Tokens
Tokens are the onsite currency. 1 token = $1. Most samples onsite are 1 token for a 4oz pour. Some brewers charge more: imports and premium brands.
6 – Your Backpack Will be Searched
We’ll be using metal detector wands and searching backpacks at the gate – it’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just how it goes! You’ve all been to events before and witnessed someone giving security a hard time over searching their belongings. The reason we do it is not because you’re a criminal, but because we want everyone to be safe and have a great time.
5 – Don’t Drink & Drive
Don’t drive! It’s a Beer Festival and chances are you’ll be enjoying some beverages. Not only do we not want you to drink and drive, but it’s going to be a challenge maneuvering your way around the city with large events going on. Please enjoy the convenience of the TTC or a cab or an Ubes. Yeah, we said Ubes.
4 – Great Beer is Great Beer
Try something new, something crazy or maybe something you can’t pronounce. Let us open your eyes to a whole new world of beer. *Starts singing A Whole New World from Aladdin*. Seriously, there are over 18 brewers to sample from, but don’t forget about your old favourites! See who is coming HERE.
3 – Bring Your Appetite
2 – Marshmallows & Bocce & Soccer Darts & Live Music
Spring Sessions has all the fixings of a cottage. This includes fire pits and marshmallows. Fans can expect us to break the marshmallows out each day around 4pm. The Bocce courts are provided by Track & Field and the soccer darts and other sporting activities are provided by the Toronto Sport & Social Club. Alt-Country outfit Elliott Brood will play live on Saturday May 20 and Canadian Rockers The Trews will play live on Sunday, May 21.
1 – Drink Water & Dress for the Weather
Seriously, stay hydrated. Each booth has free bottled water. All you have to do is ask for it. And you can also take your commemorative mug (which you get when you arrive), rinse it out and fill it up at a water station. And don’t forget to wear sunblock. Even if it is grey and cloudy. This is vital. Sunblock and water are soooooooo key!! Your raincoat, rubber boats, umbrella may make your experience better since the Sunday forecast calls for rain.
After 12:00pm: Sunday Tickets Are Only Available At The Gate. They are $45.
Before Noon: you can still purchase SUNDAY tickets online:
Use code SAVEFIVE to save $5 off Tickets!